Friday, April 20, 2007

Jenny Owen Youngs

I am indebted to largeheartedboy for a lot of things.
It is my daily fix of lands unchartered.
the blog keeps me excited about everything - opens me to new music, new events, new books.....basically it's a minefield of discovery. Today's little gem was Jenny Owen Youngs. (currently on his ipod listening list) More specifically the song 'Fuck was I'. Nothing could have captured my mood today more than this song and all of its catchy sing-a-long brilliance. There is a depth to her voice and lyrics that belie her tender years.
3 minutes 30 is just not long enough to lose yourself in this song.

I might be late to this party (her album Batten the Hatches was first released in 2005), but I'm sure glad I got there.

1 comment:

largehearted boy said...

Thanks for the kind words, I'm just sharing what I love.

Batten the Hatches is one of my favorite albums of all time, and definitely worth checking out.