Monday, August 13, 2007

random music news

The Art of Letting Go
Ahead of his upcoming tour Ryan Adams spoke to Brisbane's Courier Mail about the new 'peace' in his life and responds to all those enfant terible descriptions:

"And I guess a 'terrible child', a tempestuous child, to say that about a man, in my opinion, it sounds loaded with bitter jealousy. I work very hard at what I do, and I do a lot of what I do, and I'm actually really quite good at what I do. I dream and I create because I'm a machine built to express art. This is what I made myself into being – an art cockroach. No matter what, I will find my way to the art."

The A-Z of Bob, and other wierd stuff
Random Dylan facts in Melbourne's Age today.

and over the weekend:

R.I.P Tony Wilson

From across the pond comes news that Tony Wilson, the man credited with putting the Manchester music scene on the global map, has died of cancer. Wilson was the founder of Factory Records which was home to Joy Division/New Order and Happy Mondays.

No comments: