Thursday, November 22, 2007

Some wonderful covers to finish your week

I was over at I guess I'm floating the other day and found these great covers from some of my more recently adored artists (Jens Lekman and Josh Ritter) of two of my all time favourite artists (Paul Simon and Bruce Springsteen)

Have a listen to Jens doing Paul:
Jens Lekman - You can call me Al (cover).mp3

and Josh almost becoming the boss:
Josh Ritter - The River (cover).mp3

They got me thinking about some of the other standout covers of these two artists in my memory.
These are my favourites. What do you think? Any other additions?

Paul Simon (or Simon and Garfunkel) covers

Johnny Cash and Fiona Apple - Bridge over troubled water (cover).mp3


Grizzly Bear - Graceland (cover).mp3

"The Boss" covers

Aimee Mann and Michael Penn - Reason to Believe (cover). mp3

(thanks to Heartache with Hard Work for the link - I am having trouble accessing my own file)

Heather Nova - I'm on fire.mp3

A slightly shaky but still fabulous video of the ever amazing Jarvis Cocker doing State Trooper


No comments: