Wednesday, February 7, 2007

the day the music died!!

within my first hour back in Australia my most treasured possession (yes - the ipod) was gone - and with it all the new tunes I had collected from my music loving friends in Ireland and Canada!!!! aargh......this was NOT a happy event.
luckily enough I did download my entire itunes library onto Gary's computer before I left Vancouver - but there's no telling when I will be able to co-ordinate their complete return..........so until such time I am slightly floundering.

This is nothing less than a disaster! ;)

On the plus side - my good friend Michael has very, very kindly stepped up to the plate and has let me borrow his ipod in the interim - but he hasn't updated in forever, and of course all my fave stuff is missing. waaaaaaaaah.
As a result of all this all my spare time right now is spent on limewire and itunes trying to retreive a select few of my most favoured tracks....and the very good news is that I am also discovering some things along the way. It may not be the same, but the music situation is definitely improving! (plus Michael should have a much better collection by the time I'm finished)

it's a great time of year for concerts here in Melbourne as well, so any other feelings of loss I've been having lately are slowly being chased away by the pleasant memory of live gigs - the next few weeks are jammed packed with what promises to be a stellar lineup of bands from home and abroad.
Bring on the music I say!

No comments: