Wednesday, February 7, 2007

on rotation

Fujiya & Miyagi Transparent Things
electro is generally not my thing, but this is irresistable. Fresh, witty and catchy as hell - this is one that I can't stop playing. perfect for summer afternoons. (thanks kev!)
Yo la Tengo I am not afraid of you and I will beat your ass
why did I put off buying this for so long?? so good. SO good.
Fionn Regan The End of History
Talented Irishman Fionn Regan has crafted a delicately beautiful debut which stands well above much of the tedium currently emerging from the singer-songwriter set. With well crafted lyrics, gorgeous vocals and understated melodies, this is an album worth sinking into. As the guardian stated "folk has a new pied piper."
Tapes 'n Tapes The Loon
a lot has been said about the overt pavement and pixies influences on here, but I think there's enough new sounds to guarantee repeat listens. good indie rock.

No comments: