Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Local music rocks!


this is why I could never live anywhere else in Australia again. Melbourne really does have a great music scene and allows you to find new talent any day of the week - whatever you are into.

The Rob Roy is just up the street from my house, so when I found myself on a Saturday night with not much to do I figured a trip to the Roy was in order. on the bill this particular night were Howl at the Moon, Young Lovers and The Mad Feeling. All represented themselve more than ably (although the sound could have been lowered a little in Howl at the moon to preserve what was left of my eardrums) but it was the catchy rock/pop stylings of the Young Lovers that really brought a smile to my face. These guys are having fun and it's contagious.

Check 'em out if you get a chance.

No comments: